Butternut Squash Quinoa Soup
- ⅓ cup quinoa
- 1 cup Be Coconut Water
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp flaked, unsweetened coconut
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 dollop of yogurt to garnish
- Put diced butternut squash in a small saucepan with water and cook until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Place diced onion with two tablespoons of water in a large saucepan, bring to boil and cook until onion is
- Add quinoa and stock, bring to boil, cover, reduce to simmer and leave until quinoa is cooked (about 15
- In a blender, combine butternut squash pieces and flaked coconut. Add Be Coconut Water, cayenne and chili
- Stir blended ingredients into saucepan to combine and bring back to heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of yogurt and flaked coconut.