Lemongrass Chile Chicken
- 2 large chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 diced lemongrass stalks
- 1 fresh green chili pepper
- 2 chopped shallots
- 4 finely diced garlic cloves
- ½ cup diced onion
- 6 finely chopped green onions
- ½ tablespoons cactus sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup Be Coconut Water
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- Steamed jasmine rice
- Prepare the marinade in a medium bowl by combining the sugar and fish sauce and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Split the following ingredient portions in half: lemongrass, garlic and green chili peppers. Add to the marinade and mix. Place sliced chicken in bowl and coat with marinade. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium heated, oiled pan or wok, cook the second half of the lemongrass for 1 minute. Add remaining garlic and green chilies. Add shallots and onion and fry until ingredients have slightly browned.
- Turn the heat to high and add marinated chicken slices. Cook on all sides until brown.
- Add coconut water, and cover with a lid. Turn the heat back down to medium and let the ingredients simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain excess sauce and pour over steamed jasmine rice. Garnish with cilantro.