We all know that there are thousands of face creams, serums, cleansers and toners to help you achieve glowing skin. One secret to fresh skin that is often overlooked is the balance between nourishment on the inside, with nourishment from the outside.
Try these DIY combos at home and tell us how your skin has improved!
NOURISH FROM THE INSIDE
Coconut water is a great source of the important minerals / electrolytes your body needs to stay balanced. It also contains plant nutrients, like cytokinins, which regulate the development of aging (aka it acts as a natural anti-aging agent!). Better yet, coconut water also helps improve your digestive health to get rid of those unwanted toxins.
If you want to give your coconut water a boost of radiance power, try adding the following ingredients to your morning smoothies:
- Tumeric (helps the liver detoxify your body)
- Lemon (rich in Vitamin C to help brighten the skin – it also helps produce collagen to boost skin’s elasticity)
- Aloe Vera (make it easy – grab a Be Aloevera Coconut Water and save yourself the pain of stripping an aloe leaf!)
- Carrots (contains an insane amount of Vitamin A/ Beta Carotene, which helps prevent the cells from degenerating)
NOURISH FROM THE OUTSIDE
Homemade masks are easy and made from natural ingredients. Here are our favourite DIY masks for glowing skin:
- Even out your skin – Coconut Water + Cucumber Juice + Raw Milk: Mix and soak cotton pads in the blend. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off.
- Refresh your skin – Coconut Water + Lemon Juice: A few drops of coconut water and a few drops of orange juice make for a nice cleanser right before you dab dry and apply moisturizer.
- Simple skin boost – Coconut Water: On it’s own, a paper mask or cotton balls soaked coconut water make for a great mask. Apply the coconut water to the skin and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse off.