Remember eating fruit snacks as a kid? Yum! Fruit snacks were what it was all about. They were shaped like our favourite cartoon characters, animals, dinosaurs, princesses, everything! We bet you didn’t know when you were a kid that those fruit snacks were made with corn syrup, sugar, artificial flavours and colours (yuk!).
Now you’re all grown up and you want your kids to snack on something healthier that is just as fun. The good news is, you can make HEALTHY fruit gummies at home with this recipe, and you’ll want to eat them too.
BE MANGO HOMEMADE GUMMIES
Ingredients + Materials:
1 cup fresh mango + pineapple puree
1 cup Be 100% Pure Mango Coconut Water
6 tbsp gelatin (grass-fed, if you’re able to find it)
5 tbsp honey or agave nectar
Small cookie cutter (we used a star)
Flat baking pan
- Puree fresh mango and pineapple in a blender or food processor to make one cup of fresh fruit puree
- Pour the puree into a pot and put it on the stove at low heat
- Heat the puree until it is WARM to the touch, NOT hot
- Meanwhile, put coconut water into another pot on medium heat
- Once the coconut water is warm-hot, sprinkle gelatin in very slowly, pressing clumps out with a whisk or wooden spoon as you stir
- When the gelatin has dissolved completely into the coconut water, turn off the stove, add the mixture to the fruit puree and stir until combined well
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it, creating a flat sheet of liquid (the size of pan depends how thick you’d like your gummies)
- Let the mixture cool in the pan to room temperature
- Place the pan into the freezer for 15-20 minutes
- Remove pan and start cutting your gummies out!
- These can be enjoyed at room temperature but are best kept in the refrigerator when stored